Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/15 12:29:13 UTC

[Summer 2020 - SkyWalking] The task 210100119 is not available

Hi Rongzhou

I am sorry to write this mail(SkyWalking dev mail list is on cc list, this
is a public mail).
SkyWalking upstream recently received and accepted PR[1] in the upstream.
Han Liu, one of our PMC(program management committee) members, submitted
this to move the Satellite project forward to be prod env ready.

According to the open-source culture, `who submit first, who get merged, if
it is good enough.`, the PR has been merged w/o considering this was being
reported to the Summer 2021 committee as a task for students.
When I checked the application this night, noticed you have applied this. I
have connected with the summer 2021 committee and got the confirmation that
we can't change the task anymore, but have to cancel it. So, sorry again.
SkyWalking has other tasks open, such as `skywalking e2e,add a new test
case about metrics exporter` doesn't have a candidate. If that fits you
too, you could apply that.

To the summer 2021 committee,

If you can, please make project 210100119 offline/unavailable, to avoid
more students fail in this choice.

[1] https://github.com/apache/skywalking-satellite/pull/52

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

Re: [Summer 2020 - SkyWalking] The task 210100119 is not available

Posted by 罗荣周 <lu...@otcaix.iscas.ac.cn>.
好的,了解情况了。
我先看一下我其他项目的中选情况,再考虑是否申请 "skywalking e2e,add a new test case about metrics exporter" 这个项目。

2021-06-15 20:29:13"Sheng Wu" <wu...@gmail.com>写道:

Posted by 开源之夏 <su...@iscas.ac.cn>.
Hi Mr Wu & Rongzhou,

The students application of Summer 2021 has been closed on June 13rd 24:00 GTM+8. So no application will be accepted now. Please kindly understand.

Best Regards

Summer 2021 Committee