Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "georgi.int@gmail.com" <ge...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/08 11:42:23 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache logs not working properly with mod_remoteip and X-forwarded-for

Hello,
I am using varnish which send x-forwarded-for to apache 2.4 and on the apache site i have mod_remoteip with the following configuration:

RemoteIPHeader X-Forwarded-For
RemoteIPInternalProxy 77.77.77.77
RemoteIPInternalProxy 127.0.0.1

On 2.2 with rpaf module eveything is ok without changing the lofgormat in httpd.conf,but on 2.4 with mod_remoteip nothing works and I think there is a bug in the version or in the module. Although I can't understand why and where exactly so I would like to ask you to investigate this with me. If the mod log configuration begins with %h the logs are generated but with the server ip, not the client's one. If I change %h to %a logs stops completely - nothing is generated there.

I found the following bug report:

http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html

When I put the log format listed there I see in the access logs of apache the correct/client's ip, but only for the first request - if I refresh the page logs are no more generated. Do you know what can be the reason? Also,
I use this configuration on cPanel and when I change the logformat httpd.conf is overwritten so is there clever solution on this problem?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Georgi Georgiev

[users@httpd] Re: Apache logs not working properly with mod_remoteip and X-forwarded-for