Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/03 14:58:11 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release of qpid-interop-test 0.1.0

Some issues needing fixed before any release:
- The archive contains a directory with -rc4 in the name, it needs
recreated without that.
- The checksum file extensions have changed since previous RCs and need fixed.

Something that should proably be fixed before any release:
- The JMS tests dont work when JAVA_HOME is set, as the value is
misused and it ends up trying to run java in the wrong place due to
lacking the bin dir (which is traditionally not part of JAVA_HOME).
This was a bit annoying to figure out, as the tests didnt print any
error at the time, seeming to wait until the end, but the tests hung
awaiting messages that wouldnt arrive. I couldnt see any logs. I
changed this bit
https://github.com/apache/qpid-interop-test/blob/0.1.0-rc4/src/python/qpid_interop_test/shims.py#L213-L214
not to expect the bin dir in JAVA_HOME. If it cant find JAVA_HOME it
should probably just be using java from the path rather than guessing
where it is.

Some more general improvements for any time:
- Its only using QpidJMS 0.25.0 by default when 0.26.0 is out as noted
at RC3 (technically 0.27.0 could even be used with some temporary
testing instructions to access the staging repo until the vote closes)
- In the README it starts with the below. Making the title simply
"Qpid Interop Test Suite" might be nicer, then the content description
isn't particularly accurate, and I'd say the licence note can probably
just be removed as thats really what the LICENCE file is for
detailing.
"# Qpid Client Interoperability Test Suite

This directory contains the Qpid Proton Client API test suite.

All files in this directory are under the Apache License - see
[LICENSE](file:LICENSE) for
details."

Robbie