Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Nadav Glickman <na...@orchestra.group> on 2022/02/16 13:54:44 UTC

Shared cache between Cluster nodes

Hello,

I would like to create some shared caching mechanism that will be shared
between several Storm nodes (all running the same topology).

What is the recommended way to achieve this?
I'm currently using enums as an in memory cache but as my solution grows
this is quickly becoming problematic.

Would something like Redis work?

Thanks

Re: Shared cache between Cluster nodes

Posted by Rui Abreu <ru...@gmail.com>.
Difficult to say without knowing many details, but Storm + external Redis
cluster is a solid design for that.
You can also think of something along the lines of Hazelcast distributed
cache, but Redis should be fast enough.