Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andre Juffer <aj...@sun3.oulu.fi> on 2006/02/19 13:06:19 UTC

Processing selection lists

Hi all,

how to process a selection list in flow? I have created a cform that
contains a multivaluefield widget for which the items are created with
flow.

See http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/widgetconcepts/selectionlists.html

Labels and values are obtained from the business/domain layer. This all
works very nice. The user selects one or more items and when I check the
request, I see for instance:

<h:parameter name="roles">
   <h:value>QAManager</h:value>
   <h:value>Author</h:value>
</h:parameter>

so it all works in the way I had in mind (in the case, the user has
selected two items). In flow, I want to be able to get to these values
(the two <h:value> above). Looking through the archive I found one or
two possible solutions:

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@cocoon.apache.org/msg24124.html

But I don't seem to be able to get that to work. Basically, I started
out with trying:

var roles = cocoon.request.getParameter("roles");

thinking that this would give me a list of strings representing the
<h:value> items above that I could use to create an array that can be
processed further. But this seems not to be the case.

So, what is the recommended way to get to these values in flow?

The Biocenter and            | Fax: +358-8-553-1141
     the Dep. of Biochemistry | Email: Andre.Juffer@oulu.fi