Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/15 22:54:49 UTC

[c 1.1] Possible to use the Continuum build number as part of the artifact name?

I want to create our war final name appended with the continuum build
number:

myProject-userwebapp-1.25-build-42.war

Is this possible?

Mick Knutson

http://www.baselogic.com
http://www.blincmagazine.com
http://www.djmick.com
http://www.myspace.com/mickknutson
http://www.myspace.com/BLiNCMagazine
http://tahoe.baselogic.com
---

Re: [c 1.1] Possible to use the Continuum build number as part of the artifact name?

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
Continuum define few properties that are sent to the maven process during
the build like the current build number, the next, last state and the group
name.
Look at your logs and you'll see them when a build start the maven process

Emmanuel

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 15, 2008 2:54 PM, Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to create our war final name appended with the continuum build
> number:
>
> myProject-userwebapp-1.25-build-42.war
>
> Is this possible?

Just a guess, but since unsuccessful builds don't get a number, I bet
the number isn't assigned until after the build finishes.

Take a look at the buildnumber plugin (actually there are two, I'm not
sure which is preferred)
 * http://mojo.codehaus.org/buildnumber-maven-plugin/
 * http://commons.ucalgary.ca/projects/maven-buildnumber-plugin/introduction.html

--
Wendy

Re: [c 1.1] Possible to use the Continuum build number as part of the artifact name?

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Have a look here [1].

--
Olivier