Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com> on 2004/10/18 17:41:47 UTC

[META] Adding 2.4 flavor?

Henning,

I wanted to start documenting the changes for 2.4, and I thought I might do
that through adding antoher flavor to META.  However, some things are at the
common/ directory that aren't appropriate for 2.4.

How would I handle providing a turbine-2.4 TR.props file for example?

Eric

Re: [META] Adding 2.4 flavor?

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Eric Pugh" <ep...@opensourceconnections.com> writes:

>Henning,

>I wanted to start documenting the changes for 2.4, and I thought I might do
>that through adding antoher flavor to META.  However, some things are at the
>common/ directory that aren't appropriate for 2.4.

>How would I handle providing a turbine-2.4 TR.props file for example?

Just put it into flavor/turbine-2.4/conf. If META sees a config file
in a flavor subdirectory, it should skip the file from
flavor/common. This is how it is intended to work, if it does not, it
is a bug and I will fix it.

It gets a bit trickier if there is a file in common which you _don't_
want in your flavor. Then you must copy this file into all other
flavors and remove it from common.

	Regards
		Henning

                                    Open Source Software Development"