Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by rohit kumar <ro...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/13 14:05:43 UTC

Correlation between GETS, PUTS and system metrics to identify performance degradation

Hi,

I have a question regarding Hbase metrics.
There can be a case when RAM consumption on a hbase node could be very high.
Could this be possibly due to avg_time taken by PUTS/ GETS requests is very
long ?

For example:  Can "compaction queue" metrics be a factor for such time
taking operations?
If yes, then what are other such metrics which could help me to analyze the
impact on GETS/ PUTS operations?

Please help me to understand this correlation because I need to a group of
graphs from hbase metrics to analyze system resource requirements and
predict them in future.

Regards,
Rohit

Re: Correlation between GETS, PUTS and system metrics to identify performance degradation

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Rohit:
Below are some metrics you should monitor:

compactionQueueLength

flushQueueLength

numCallsInGeneralQueue

numCallsInPriorityQueue