Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Urs Thuermann <ur...@isnogud.escape.de> on 2006/06/14 13:20:53 UTC

different access rights for several users

I have repository access by svn://host/path.  No one should be able to
access the repository without authentication, some users should have
read access, and some users should have read/write access.  How can I
config the SVN server this way?  I have search the SVN book and found
the section, describing

   [general]
   anon-access = ...
   auth-access = ...
   passwd-bd = ...

but I need to distinguish not only between anon-access and auth-access
but also auth-access for reading only and auth-access for read-write
depending on the user name.  I haven't found this in the book.

urs

Re: different access rights for several users

Posted by Daniele <da...@interline.it>.
On Wednesday 14 June 2006 15:49, Urs Thuermann wrote:
> Daniele <da...@interline.it> writes:
> > May you have miss a pointer to
> > http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch06s04.html#svn-ch-6-sect-4.4.2
>
> No, I haven't read the whole chapter 6 before your post, because we
> don't have Apache running.  Also, I don't need per-directory access
> control, only per-user.  Is it necessary to run apache to get this?
> Isn't there a simpler way, as in CVS, where you have a
> CVSROOT/readers file?

For access using svn://host/path you need svn > 1.3
Add to svnserve.conf something like the following:

[general]
password-db = my userfile
realm = my realm
anon-access = none
auth-access = read  ??? or none o simply leave blank?
authz-db = authzfile

Your authzfile according to your previous post should be like the
following:

[groups]
readers = user, user0
writers = user1, user2

[/]
* =
@readers = r
@writers = rw

And should work, but I don't have direct exprience with svnserve.

Daniele

Re: different access rights for several users

Posted by Urs Thuermann <ur...@isnogud.escape.de>.

Posted by Daniele <da...@interline.it>.
On Wednesday 14 June 2006 15:20, Urs Thuermann wrote:

> I need to distinguish not only between anon-access and
> auth-access but also auth-access for reading only and auth-access for
> read-write depending on the user name.  I haven't found this in the
> book.

Hi,