Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2014/02/24 12:54:57 UTC

Release assembly plugin?

Hi,

I noticed that the assembly plugin hasn't been released for just over a year, and there are a few plexus-archiver improvements that would be useful to incorporate in the default. There don't appear to have been a lot of changes outside of those and the Java 5 / RAT changes.

Kristian, you were doing the most recent work on this, did you have any plans for a release? Would you like me to run through it, otherwise?

Are there other fixes anyone has pending?

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter   @brettporter
http://brettporter.wordpress.com/

Re: Release assembly plugin?

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Regarding MASSEMBLY-681, I wouldn't try to make it too complex.
If plexus/guice ignores an empty tag, it's their issue.
Did you try:
<finalName xml:space="preserve"></finalName>

Robert

Re: Release assembly plugin?

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.
 I'll spin through archiver issues hopefully tomorrow and by the looks of
the pull requests I'll push 2.4.5.

Kristian

Re: Release assembly plugin?

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.