Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2006/06/23 07:43:30 UTC

Re: svn commit: r416477 - in /incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/luni: ./ src/main/java/java/net/ src/test/java/tests/api/java/net/

Tests failed for me (and the linux build machine) with:

  Incorrect host name returned: localhost.localdomain != localhost

  junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Incorrect host name returned: localhost.localdomain != localhost
  at tests.api.java.net.InetAddressTest.test_getHostName(InetAddressTest.java:238)

Because the standard Debian installation defines 127.0.0.1 to be
localhost.localdomain.  I think the tests need to be more accommodating
people aren't going to want to have to mess about with these system
configurations.

-Mark.

Posted by Jean-frederic Clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
Mark Hindess wrote:

>Tests failed for me (and the linux build machine) with:
>
>  Incorrect host name returned: localhost.localdomain != localhost
>
>  junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Incorrect host name returned: localhost.localdomain != localhost
>  at tests.api.java.net.InetAddressTest.test_getHostName(InetAddressTest.java:238)
>
>Because the standard Debian installation defines 127.0.0.1 to be
>localhost.localdomain.

Not only debian, the RedHat EL4 I have installed also does this.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@gmail.com>.
On Saturday 24 June 2006 19:16 Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> I seem to have found a doozy :)
>
> In hysock.c / getNextNetlinkMsg() there's an assumption that anything
> the kernel will ever send in a netlink request is less than 1k, so when
> processing the receive buffer, if there still is data in the buffer and
> it's not a complete message, it's considered an error.
>
> This is clearly wrong, and provable by simply doubling the buffer size.
> This is suboptimal, of course, because there is no guarantee that 2k
> will be enough one all systems either.
>
> I'm going to stare at this and attempt to rewrite it this weekend if I
> find some time.
>
> Man, this would be easier w/ a debugger :)

I have a question on this topic. Is there a reason why libhy*.so and other
classlib natives libraries are compiled without debug information? Addind -g
(-Zi on windows) to the options could really help sometimes.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
Well, it appears that this is legit.  It's lighting the truncation flag.

So to be safe, I'm going to write this to check first, and either read
or re-alloc the buffer to get in one read()

Once I know that works reliably (by turning down the buffer size), I'll
bring it up to 2k so that it's there as a safety, but doesn't fire on
the platforms we've been working with.

geir

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.