Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Matthias Fischer <m....@abc-media.de> on 2002/03/06 09:58:59 UTC

[SUGGESTION] Java GUI for FOP

It seems that Cocoon has certain limitations if compared to FOP used as a
stand-alone engine. Having retreated to the latter, the question has arisen
how to trigger FOP. Neither I nor my colleagues are Java programmers.
Therefore, we would have to trigger FOP via the DOS prompt by means of a VB
script or something like that. Not very nice, indeed.

Suggestion: It seems reasonable to me that FOP comes with a ready-to-use
Java GUI. Does anybody agree?

Regards

Matthias

FOP vs. FOP+Cocoon

Posted by Matthias Fischer <m....@abc-media.de>.
Yes, despite tenacious tentatives we did not succeed in getting the
following to work properly in FOP 20.1 + Cocoon 2.0 (PDF output):
- hyphenation DE
- font embedding
- Unicode output
The same features could be translated into PDFs without any problems with
FOP as a stand-alone solution.

Replies and suggestions from the lists were considered.
If we are mistaken in our assumption, that these features are not yet
completely implemented in Cocoon 2.0, we would be happy.

Matthias

Re: [SUGGESTION] Java GUI for FOP

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
From: "Matthias Fischer" <m....@abc-media.de>

> It seems that Cocoon has certain limitations if compared to FOP used as a
> stand-alone engine.

? Could you please explain this to me?

            - verba volant, scripta manent -