Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Erik Husby <mh...@genome.wi.mit.edu> on 2003/07/16 15:20:18 UTC

Resources not going into proper directory in jar file.

I am a new user of Maven and most likely are simply missing something.

I have this existing project structure
    src/package/images/group1/*.gif
    src/package/images/group2/*.gif
    src/package/*.java

I want the contents of  src/package/images to end up in the jar file
under "package/images/group1" and "package/images/group2"

I have the resource defined as
<resource>
            <directory>src/package/images</directory>
            <includes>
                <include>**/*.gif</include>
            </includes>
            <targetpath>package/images</targetpath>
        </resource>

But all the images end up in the jar file at the root directory level.
No "package/images/group1" or "package/images/group2" gets created.

What is the proper way to get the gif files into the proper directories?

Thanks in advance.

--
Erik Husby
Team Lead for Software Quality Automation

Re: Resources not going into proper directory in jar file.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 09:31, Ben Walding wrote:
> You want:
>
> <resource>
>            <directory>src</directory>
>            <includes>
>                <include>package/images/**/*.gif</include>
>            </includes>
> </resource>
>

> No idea of whether that target path thing works or not, but it isn't
> required.

target path works as it's used by Maven itself to package up the
localized mesages.

> Erik Husby wrote:
>
> > I am a new user of Maven and most likely are simply missing something.
> >
> > I have this existing project structure
> >    src/package/images/group1/*.gif
> >    src/package/images/group2/*.gif
> >    src/package/*.java
> >
> > I want the contents of  src/package/images to end up in the jar file
> > under "package/images/group1" and "package/images/group2"
> >
> > I have the resource defined as
> > <resource>
> >            <directory>src/package/images</directory>
> >            <includes>
> >                <include>**/*.gif</include>
> >            </includes>
> >            <targetpath>package/images</targetpath>
> >        </resource>
> >
> > But all the images end up in the jar file at the root directory level.
> > No "package/images/group1" or "package/images/group2" gets created.
> >
> > What is the proper way to get the gif files into the proper directories?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Resources not going into proper directory in jar file.

Posted by Ben Walding <be...@walding.com>.
You want: