Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Prateek Maheshwari <pr...@utexas.edu> on 2021/06/15 17:50:29 UTC

[DISCUSS] SEP-29: Blob Store Based State Backup And Restore

[Sending on behalf of Shekhar due to email delivery issues]

Hi folks,

We've been working on adding support for a blob store based state backend
for backing up and restoring local state. In our experiments this has led
to significantly faster state restore times compared to Kafka changelogs,
simplifying management of applications with large local state.

Please take a look at the SEP for more details:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SAMZA/SEP-29%3A+Blob+Store+Based+State+Backup+And+Restore

Looking forward to your review and feedback. If there are no blockers, we
will open the vote on Monday, June 21st.

Thanks,
Prateek and Shekhar