Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by KURT PETERS <pe...@msn.com> on 2008/12/24 23:09:03 UTC

[users@httpd] digest authorization - htdigest

Is there a limit to how short a user name can be for digest authorization?  I ask this because I set up htdigest with three users: kurt, traci, and pefamily.  pefamily worked, but kurt and traci did not, although I can 'cat' the file and see they're all specified.  To help diagnose the problem, I created a fourth user peterskm, and, that, indeed worked.  I repeated with an even longer username, and that worked as well.

Any guesses at what setting is blocking short user names?
Thanks, in advance.
Regards,
kurt