Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Khawaja Shams <ks...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/05 05:37:34 UTC

Database for server Application

Hello,
   I hope that this does not start any heated debates, but I am curious
about what people prefer for a database for use with tomcat and some
reasoning.

I have read that MySQL handles connections very quickly, which makes is more
suitable for web application than postgres. However, I am unsure how much
connection pooling would help with this.

 Also, any thoughts on best db if I wanted to index my data so that I can
provide search engine like functionality. Text search capabilities would be
nice. Currently, I am comparing PostGres's TSearch2 and MySQL's FullText
search features.  I have been looking for benchmarks comparing the two, but
I have had no luck finding something solid.

I would appreciate any thoughts.  If you feel that this is irrelevant to
this mailing list, I appologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Khawaja Shams