Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org> on 2014/04/29 22:32:35 UTC

Success with Crosswalk Engine (and webview plugins for 3.5.0)

I've managed now to get cordova-android up and running with Joe's
pluggable_webview branch, and the cordova-crosswalk-engine plugin, passing
all of the mobile spec tests.

(I had a few tests in Contacts and Geolocation failing, but those were
entirely due to timeouts; Contacts is *very* slow)

My build is ARM-only, and there are some packaging issues to work through
still, but I'm really happy with this so far. Its pretty amazing to just
have to install a plugin, and have it swap in a modern webview, with, say,
WebGL support out of the box.

It's all dependent right now on the mods to cordova-android, which I'd
really like to get out as part of 3.5.0. I'm going to try to merge that in
soon, to give everyone a chance to test it out and make sure there aren't
any regressions.

Ian

Re: Success with Crosswalk Engine (and webview plugins for 3.5.0)

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
haha "is so 2007" love it

--
Carlos Santana
<cs...@gmail.com>

Re: Success with Crosswalk Engine (and webview plugins for 3.5.0)

Posted by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Billau <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Hu, Ningxin" <ni...@intel.com>.
So excited!

Thanks,
-ningxin

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
Sweet!

Posted by "Hu, Ningxin" <ni...@intel.com>.
Ian,

If possible, could you please merge your patches into Joe's cordova-crosswalk-engine repo?
https://github.com/infil00p/cordova-crosswalk-engine

Once your patches merged, I can close my PR (https://github.com/infil00p/cordova-crosswalk-engine/pull/7). And we are synced on the same page.

Based the this, I would like to look at some TODOs mentioned in 4/26 hangout, such as:
- static vs dynamic xwalk lib
- intel vs arm binary apk targets for CLI.  Two android platforms, or just two build targets?

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
-ningxin

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.