Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> on 2012/10/02 15:12:53 UTC

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #216: Password reset sends out a new password even if the operation fails

On 02/10/12 13:40, Apache Bloodhound wrote:
> #216: Password reset sends out a new password even if the operation fails
> ----------------------+----------------------------------
>    Reporter:  peter    |      Owner:  nobody
>        Type:  defect   |     Status:  new
>   Component:  plugins  |    Version:
> Resolution:           |   Keywords:  AccountManagerPlugin
> ----------------------+----------------------------------
> Changes (by olemis):
>
>   * keywords:   => AccountManagerPlugin
>   * component:  trac core => plugins
>

> Comment:
>
>   This ticket is probably a ''wontfix'' due to the fact that it belongs to
>   third-party plugin and solution should be developed in there . That's why
>   I've filed a [https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/10406 similar ticket @ t-h.o]
>   .
>
>   '''Notice''': I'm also setting component = ''plugin''
>
>   '''PS''' : I've added bloodhound-dev ML address to Cc in there but I'm not
>   sure it will work (it'd be nice if it would ''';)''' . Hence I invite you
>   to follow the discussion in there by adding your e-mail addresses to Cc
>   list .

Yes, this would be for the AccountManagerPlugin. I don't think we should
call this a wontfix from our point of view though. Effectively it
remains an issue for us while the behaviour remains this way or until
someone is prepared to argue that we do not care about this behaviour.

Cheers,
     Gary

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #216: Password reset sends out a new password even if the operation fails

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
Is there a nice way to make t-h.o notifications be forwarded to
bloodhoun-dev@... ML ? or is it a crazy idea ?

On 10/2/12, Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On 02/10/12 13:40, Apache Bloodhound wrote:
>> #216: Password reset sends out a new password even if the operation fails
>> ----------------------+----------------------------------
>>    Reporter:  peter    |      Owner:  nobody
>>        Type:  defect   |     Status:  new
>>   Component:  plugins  |    Version:
>> Resolution:           |   Keywords:  AccountManagerPlugin
>> ----------------------+----------------------------------
>> Changes (by olemis):
>>
>>   * keywords:   => AccountManagerPlugin
>>   * component:  trac core => plugins
>>

>> Comment:
>>
>>   This ticket is probably a ''wontfix'' due to the fact that it belongs
>>   third-party plugin and solution should be developed in there . That's
>> why
>>   I've filed a [https://trac-hacks.org/ticket/10406 similar ticket @
>> t-h.o]
>>   .
>>
>>   '''Notice''': I'm also setting component = ''plugin''
>>
>>   '''PS''' : I've added bloodhound-dev ML address to Cc in there but I'm
>> not
>>   sure it will work (it'd be nice if it would ''';)''' . Hence I invite
>> you
>>   to follow the discussion in there by adding your e-mail addresses to Cc
>>   list .
>>

> Yes, this would be for the AccountManagerPlugin. I don't think we should
> call this a wontfix from our point of view though. Effectively it
> remains an issue for us while the behaviour remains this way or until
> someone is prepared to argue that we do not care about this behaviour.
>
> Cheers,
>      Gary

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/