Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by kriegaex <al...@kriegisch.name> on 2013/02/07 11:07:24 UTC

Re: Setting soap attachment Content-Transfer-Encoding

I hope it is okay to re-open this old thread. My team (I am just the Scrum
Master trying to solve an impediment) works with soapUI, testing RESTful
(not SOAP!) web services functionally.

We have several POST requests containing attachments (images and other
binaries). Because we quote failed tests in our Jenkins reports (sent via
e-mail) it is quite impractical that the transfer encoding is always
"binary". We would like to use "base64" - not just for the sake of clean
e-mails, but for other reasons too. Has soapUI evolved to a state in which
this is possible (preferrably configurable via the UI as a property of the
attachment or the whole request)? We tried adding a

Re: Setting soap attachment Content-Transfer-Encoding

Posted by Alexander Kriegisch <Al...@Kriegisch.name>.
OMG, I am terribly sorry. I posted this request tomthe wrong group. Please ignore it, I wanted to talk about SoapUI, not CXF.
--
Alexander Kriegisch

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Feb 7, 2013, at 5:07 AM, kriegaex <al...@kriegisch.name> wrote:

> I hope it is okay to re-open this old thread. My team (I am just the Scrum
> Master trying to solve an impediment) works with soapUI, testing RESTful
> (not SOAP!) web services functionally.
>
> We have several POST requests containing attachments (images and other
> binaries). Because we quote failed tests in our Jenkins reports (sent via
> e-mail) it is quite impractical that the transfer encoding is always
> "binary". We would like to use "base64" - not just for the sake of clean
> e-mails, but for other reasons too. Has soapUI evolved to a state in which
> this is possible (preferrably configurable via the UI as a property of the
> attachment or the whole request)? We tried adding a

No idea on SoapUI.  You'd have to ask them.

I don't think we done anything on the CXF side to support this either.  Patches would be welcome.

--
Daniel Kulp