Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Wyatt Tellis <wt...@radiology.ucsf.edu> on 2006/09/09 04:43:02 UTC

Wrapping long character strings

I'm building a medical report printing application and I'm having
trouble forcing long characters strings (not really words) to wrap. FOP
gives the error: "Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area.
(fo:block..."  For example I may have a series of 80 '*' characters. I
would like to have that string wrap to 2 lines instead of  continuing
over the edge of the page.  Per the wiki
(http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/Troubleshooting/CommonLogMessages),
I've tried using the wrap-option and overflow attributes to get the
strings to wrap with no luck. Hyphenation doesn't work either. I'm using
0.92.beta. Is there a way to get this to work in FOP?

TIA,

Wyatt

Re: Wrapping long character strings

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
I don't know of anything. At least there doesn't seem to be anything in
XSL 1.1. I can bring it up at the XSL 2.0 workshop in October in case I
get accepted.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Wrapping long character strings

Posted by Wyatt Tellis <wt...@radiology.ucsf.edu>.