Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org> on 2009/02/05 19:49:55 UTC

How to set base context path?

I have a project that originally started out being called "harvey"
because we didn't have a name for it.  The URL's for our pages all end
up looking like:

http://..../harvey/...

Now that we have a real name, that doesn't fly very well.  I have two
questions with regard to this.
1) How would I go about changing that base context path "/harvey" into
"/somethingelse"?
2) Is it possible to not have to have the base path defined in Struts at
all?  It seems to me that this would be the ideal solution.

Thanks,
Dave

Re: How to set base context path?

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
> 1) How would I go about changing that base context path "/harvey" into
> "/somethingelse"?

 It depends on the container that you are using

> 2) Is it possible to not have to have the base path defined in Struts at
> all?  It seems to me that this would be the ideal solution.

 Nope

musachy

Re: How to set base context path?

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.
Most excellent!  I just served that up to the team on our chat channel.
They're lovin' it.

Posted by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com>.
You want this one:

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
Ah, now you made curious...

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
David C. Hicks wrote:

> ChadDavis wrote:
>> "Harvey" is nice though.  Great movie.  There's a scene with this
>> slightly chubby lady singing that cracks me up completely.
>>
> Amazing, but you're the first person I've encountered who got the
> reference to the movie.  I had to explain it to everyone else - the
> magical, invisible rabbit.  That's funny.

H-H-Harvey.

Come on, everybody remembers "Oh, Myrtle, don't be didactic. It's not
becoming in a young girl. Besides, men loathe it."

I've been using that one for years.

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.

Posted by ChadDavis <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.