Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Arijit Mukherjee <ar...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/02 14:01:27 UTC

Re: Eclipse plugin

Hi All

I've having some trouble in using the eclipse plugin on a windows XP machine
to connect to the HDFS (hadoop 0.19.0) on a linux server - I'm getting the
error:null message, although the port number etc are correct. Can this be
related to the user information? I've set it to the hadoop user on the linux
server, but the advanced parameters still carry the name of the user on the
windows machine. I've edited them manually - but nothing changes.

Can you connect to a remote HDFS from eclipse on a client machine?

A related question - can you comunicate between two HDFS instances using the
hdfs:// url or by any other means?

Regards
Arijit

--
"And when the night is cloudy,
There is still a light that shines on me,