Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Kathy Saunders <os...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/11 23:07:06 UTC

Jira new user tips

I'm new to Jira and struggled a bit with how to accomplish some basic
tasks, so I thought I would share in case others are having trouble.  I am
not a committer, and I suspect the experience for a committer may be
somewhat different.

To create a new Jira issue:

There is a red "Create" button at the top of the screen with a pull down
icon right next to the word "Create".  To open a new issue, click on the
word "Create" and not the icon right next to it.

To assign a Jira issue to yourself:

Just click on the button labeled "Start Progress" under the title for the
Jira entry.  That will assign the issue to you.

I just thought I would share as others may have similar questions.

Kathy

Re: Jira new user tips

Posted by Cazen Lee <po...@gmail.com>.
It fixed.
I can see the all buttons.
Thank you very much
On 3/16/2016 3:48 PM, Cazen Lee wrote:

> Thank you Katherine for quick help.
> I can check it was assigned to me but there is no Start Progress button in
> my page(Actually, its InProgress staus). Only buttons that I can see is
> Edit, Comment, AgileBoard and More.

ok. I filed

Re: Jira new user tips

Posted by Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org>.
On 3/16/2016 3:53 PM, Katherine Marsden wrote:
> ok. I filed

Thanks to quick action by infrastructure, this should now be fixed!

Re: Jira new user tips

Posted by Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org>.

Re: Jira new user tips

Posted by Cazen Lee <po...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Katherine for quick help.
I can check it was assigned to me but there is no Start Progress button in
my page(Actually, its InProgress staus). Only buttons that I can see is
Edit, Comment, AgileBoard and More.
I'm OK because it already assigned to me but please tell me if further test
required.
2016. 3. 17. 오전 7:36에 "Katherine Marsden" <km...@apache.org>님이 작성:

Re: Jira new user tips

Posted by Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org>.

Re: Jira new user tips

Posted by Cazen Lee <po...@gmail.com>.
2016. 3. 17. 오전 12:14에 "Katherine Marsden" <km...@apache.org>님이 작성:

Re: Jira new user tips

Posted by Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org>.

Re: Jira new user tips

Posted by Cazen Lee <po...@gmail.com>.
2016. 3. 16. 오후 11:55에 "Katherine Marsden" <km...@apache.org>님이 작성:

Re: Jira new user tips

Posted by Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org>.

Re: Jira new user tips

Posted by Cazen Lee <po...@gmail.com>.

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 11:45 PM Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org>
wrote:

> On 3/16/2016 7:37 AM, Cazen Lee wrote:
> > Good Day Katherine. This is Cazen. Could I ask to add project member?
> I see you as added already. Are you having trouble starting progress on
> an issue?
>
> --
Cazen Lee
http://www.Cazen.co.kr

Re: Jira new user tips

Posted by Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org>.

Re: Jira new user tips

Posted by Cazen Lee <po...@gmail.com>.
Good Day Katherine. This is Cazen. Could I ask to add project member?

On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 8:24 AM Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org>
wrote:

> On 3/11/2016 2:50 PM, Queenie Ma wrote:
> > ." Perhaps, I don't have that permission? How
> > would I be able to get that checked out?
> You did the right thing, sent to the list.
> I added you to the project and you should see the button now.
>
> Enjoy!
>

> --
Cazen Lee
http://www.Cazen.co.kr

Re: Jira new user tips

Posted by Katherine Marsden <km...@apache.org>.

Re: Jira new user tips

Posted by Queenie Ma <qu...@gmail.com>.
I am trying to assign JIRA issue
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QUARKS-16> to myself, but I do not see
the "Start Progress" button. I found the following in a quick Google search:
"In order to be able to start progress on an issue, a user must have the
'Assignable User' permission." Perhaps, I don't have that permission? How
would I be able to get that checked out?

Thanks,

Queenie