Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Senaka Fernando <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/05 22:46:49 UTC

Update on Parrot

Hi all,

As you might already know, Parrot 1.0 is yet to be released. Thus, at the
moment, some components on the Parrot end are not yet finalized. The GC is
one such. Therefore, at the present, they don't really mind several
improvements to their end, based on worthy requirements on our end that
would in-return improve Parrot. The deadline for completion is somewhat
near, around 1st July, according to [1].

Also, they do have IRC meetings on development on the Parrot end which
happens every Tuesday. I'm looking forward in taking part if I'm allowed in.

[1] http://www.perlfoundation.org/parrot_grant_from_nlnet

Regards,
Senaka

Re: Update on Parrot

Posted by Egor Pasko <eg...@gmail.com>.
On the 0x41E day of Apache Harmony Senaka Fernando wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As you might already know, Parrot 1.0 is yet to be released. Thus, at the
> moment, some components on the Parrot end are not yet finalized. The GC is
> one such. Therefore, at the present, they don't really mind several
> improvements to their end, based on worthy requirements on our end that
> would in-return improve Parrot. The deadline for completion is somewhat
> near, around 1st July, according to [1].
>
> Also, they do have IRC meetings on development on the Parrot end which
> happens every Tuesday. I'm looking forward in taking part if I'm allowed in.
>
> [1] http://www.perlfoundation.org/parrot_grant_from_nlnet

Senaka, this is really interesting! :) Thanks again for your active work!

Do you have a document describing the most tricky differences between
the two interfaces? I think that would help to converge the interfaces
faster. Just a very general advice, I have less than basic knowledge
in GCs, so, you probably would not want to listen to me :)

--
Egor Pasko