Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Thodoris Zois <zo...@ics.forth.gr> on 2017/09/14 15:18:38 UTC

Containerizers & Isolation

Hello list,

I have 4 questions, and i would be glad if someone can help..

- When someone is using the Docker Containerizer what kind of isolation can be used and how Mesos handles it?

- Custom isolators can be used both for Docker Containerizer and Mesos Containerizer or only in Mesos Containerizer?

- Is there any isolation between the executors under the same container when using Mesos Containerizer?

- A task is launched by command executor, default mesos executor, or custom executor. In each case task goes under the container of the executor? or a task and an executor are two different containers?
  Because i saw an image (attached) on the book Apache Mesos Essentials and it actually confused me..

Thank you very much,
Thodoris

Re: Containerizers & Isolation

Posted by Thodoris Zois <zo...@ics.forth.gr>.
Thank you very much for your response!

When talking about executors i am referring only to default executor and command executor and not the custom one.
You say that there should be only one executor per container. By that you mean that you can run multiple executors under the same container but there won’t be any isolation between those executors or that it MUST be one executor per container?

When using command executor always different executors go under different containers, right?

When using the default executor?

Thank you,
Thodoris

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.