Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Varga Balázs <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/03 07:46:37 UTC

OM 3.1 devel

Hello!

When i can good, the 3.1 room is HTML5, drop the flash from all.

Howto can I try the OM 3.1?

And howto can connect to html5 development team?

I am a conference service provider on hungary and more problem the
plattform differnet, browser (un)supportion...etc.

Main idea a html5 based conference room a compromissed limitations and
more compatibile platform.
The requirements: Audio/Video chat (trivial :) ), private/public chat,
file sharing (on room open time), presentation a more model (web share
into collaboration frame eg.backend proxy load the original page and
send this to room), libreoffice base doc presentation, screen sharing,
screen recording...etc.

The media model:
A: Native, connection server ower WebSocket, media parsing in JS, native
making/coding and packet base transmitting in JSON(p), or VP8
    - This a more browser compatibile model, more JS engine
B: WebRTC based system, this a Chrome, Mozilla, Safari comaptibile.
IE,Opera...etc non supported, the feathure support is question....
Microsoft/Adobe no propagate the common platform and HTML5 :(

Server side, NodeJS, Red5, JAVA...etc.

Balazs

Re: OM 3.1 devel

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Varga!

I'm really glad to hear you are willing to help :)
Unfortunately there is no branch for 3.1 yet :( (supporting 3 branches will
be too much efforts :( )

The general plan was:
1) release 2.2 (hopefully will pack RC this week)
2) release 3.0 (hopefully first RC will be packed in 2-4 weeks after 2.2
release)
3) start 3.1

3.1 will still use flash (for audio and video) all other
components/controls in the room will be HTML5

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax