Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Shantanu Sen <ss...@pacbell.net> on 2005/04/14 01:36:34 UTC

Question on Axis functionality on WebSphere

I apologize for sending this message to this group,
but I am not getting any answer to this question and
have seen websphere related posts here - hence the
try.

In WebSphere 6.0, how can I specify the various HTTP
parameters (e.g. chunk, gzip, HTTP1.0/1.1 etc) at the
time of making an outgoing call from a J2EE web
service client, where the client is an EJB stateless
session bean?

In Axis we can achieve this by adding our own
BasicHandler and use that in a SimpleProvider by
setting it on the EngineConfigurationFactory. So, the
runtime then will call the invoke(MessageContext
msgContext) of the handler, where we can create our
own socket and add all the http specific properties
before writing out the stream.

This is basically hooking into the axis engine to do
that. But I do not want to run Axis engine in
Websphere container and want to use their web services
runtime. I cannot find any doc how to achieve this.

Thanks for any help.
Shantanu Sen