Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Wayne <wd...@yahoo.com> on 2016/03/08 16:32:58 UTC

Windows7: getaddrinfo returning “No such host is known” for [::1]

I'm working on modifications to my code to support dual stack environments on
Windows 7 et. al. The code uses ActiveMQ-CPP (3.8.4). I've set this up to
use a connection to the broker on URI "tcp://[::1]:61616". I've already
found I need to compile APR with APR_HAVE_IPV6.  The broker is running in
Java and I have already got it listening on IPv6.

Now the issue. When APR's call_resolver() method calls getaddrinfo() with
the hostname "[::1]", it returns "No such host is known" (code 11001).

I can ping [::1] without an issue. I've tried uncommenting the ::1 entry in
hostnames. I've added the Internet Protocol Version 6 checkbox on my
interfaces.

Any ideas what I'm missing?