Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Radha Wadhera <wa...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/18 09:43:11 UTC

Cassandra-stress tool creating Static columns in COMPACT STORAGE Table

Hi,

I have Cassandra 3.11.9 installed on my setup. I used the Cassandra-stress
tool to create testing data for my cluster.
I can see that the *Cassandra-stress tool creates a counter1 table with
"Static" column in a COMPACT STORAGE table.*

As far as I know according to *Cassandra documentation - "A compact storage
table cannot use collections nor static columns."*
https://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/cql/ddl.html

*So how is the Cassandra-stress tool creating "static" columns in a COMPACT
STORAGE table? Is there a bug? If not can someone please let me know how it
is allowed to create such schema as I am not able to create such schema
manually?*

Regards

Radha Wadhera

Re: Cassandra-stress tool creating Static columns in COMPACT STORAGE Table

Posted by Erick Ramirez <er...@datastax.com>.
Noting here that this was already answered by Benjamin on the dev ML here
[1]. Cheers!

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rf9c74e8e3d431ff395f73677a616a9fcd70a46f3ea0500b71ca4d91d%40%3Cdev.cassandra.apache.org%3E