Posted to user@kudu.apache.org by Boris Tyukin <bo...@boristyukin.com> on 2017/11/29 15:03:11 UTC

Confused where to post user type questions

Hi folks,

as a new user to Kudu, it is confusing what is the best venue to post user
type questions about Kudu which is important for any thriving open source
project. I have posted some questions on slack and got a feeling they were
not welcome there as discussions on slack seem to be focused on
development. I can see that slack group is very active though.

the user group is not that active though with like 10 email threads this
month.

Can someone clarify this for us newcomers?

We also have official channel for paying CDH customers but there are
benefits to use informal ones :)

Thanks for such an amazing product and everything you do!

Boris

Re: Confused where to post user type questions

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.
Hi Boris,
Thanks again for asking about this and I'm happy that you enjoyed listening
to me blab about Kudu! Mark Rittman and the Roaring Elephant guys were very
kind and fun to talk to. I'll note that I think the more recent one (with
Roaring Elephant) had the better audio quality of the two recordings as a
result of the equipment I used.

Mike

Posted by Boris Tyukin <bo...@boristyukin.com>.

Posted by Mike Percy <mp...@apache.org>.