Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Dhiru <us...@yahoo.com> on 2021/09/30 00:41:01 UTC

Flink application mode with no ui , how to start job using k8s ?

Hi ,
   My requirement is to create Flink cluster application Mode on k8s and do not want to expose UI, my requirement is to start the long-running  job which can be instantiated at boot time of flink and keep running
use these resource files from jobmanager-application-ha.yaml and taskmanager-job-deployment.yaml for creating cluster (https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/deployment/resource-providers/standalone/kubernetes/#application-cluster-resource-definitions)

a)  I need to start job during run time , I can bundle my jar with Flink image, so that can  instantiate jar
b) Can I apply HPA (horizontal pod autoscalar) for task manager, will this work so that according to workload instance of  taskmanager goes up and down.
--kumar

Re: Flink application mode with no ui , how to start job using k8s ?

Posted by Dhiru <us...@yahoo.com>.
 Thanks Dawid,       if I am not exposing UI , how I am going to run my job we need to submit jar someway, I do not want my flink image tightly coupled with my jar
    On Monday, October 4, 2021, 09:52:31 AM EDT, Dawid Wysakowicz <dw...@apache.org> wrote:

Hi Dhiru,

For the question about auto scaling I'd recommend you this[1] blogpost from my colleague. I believe he explains it quite well how to do it.

Besides that I am not sure what is your other question. Are you asking how to start the jobmanager without the UI? Can't you just simply not expose the port?

Best,

Dawid

[1] https://flink.apache.org/2021/05/06/reactive-mode.html

Posted by Dawid Wysakowicz <dw...@apache.org>.