Posted to issues@maven.apache.org by Raphael Nguyen <ra...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/03 01:40:22 UTC

Exit code of versions:set is always 1

Hi all,

I had a problem on 3.8.2 where the exit code of versions:set command is always 1 despite the versions having been set properly and maven output indicates Build Success.

Problem was not there on maven 3.8.1. All of this was run with versions-maven-plugin 2.8.1 on git bash for windows.

I was able to reproduce this error on a minimalist project with no code and only the pom as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>com.test</groupId>
  <artifactId>test</artifactId>
  <version>1.0</version>
</project>

Please tell me if you need any further information on this matter. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Best regards,
Raphael.