Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by Thomas Jungblut <th...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/11 13:55:00 UTC

Release 0.6 Preparation

Hey all,

sorry for the spam, I just streamlined our issues for the next release.

Important issues I filtered are:

//near completion / trunk merge
HAMA-524 - [GSoC 2012] Sparse Matrix-Vector multiplication (SpMV) on
Hama<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-524>
HAMA-500 - Add random matrix
generator.<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-500>

Mikalai, what is your status on that? Can we merge it?

//blocker
HAMA-613 - Scheduler kills job too silently when out of
slots<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-613>

Anyone wants to investigate this issue?

//unsure
HAMA-442 - Adding Webserver to
Grooms<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-442>

Paul, are you going to finish this within this month? Or should we
reschedule this?

// fault tolerance
HAMA-615 - Handle counters during task
recovery<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-615>
HAMA-618 - Recover tasks on failure of groom
server<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-618>

Suraj, what is your status on it?

@All, if you need help on anything, let us know.

For the additional tasks, look at this
query<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+HAMA+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%220.6.0%22+AND+status+%3D+Open+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide>
.
There are a few unassigned issues, so feel free to claim them or tell if we
need to remove it from the roadmap in 0.6.0.
Can we target the RC by the end of this month?

Thanks!

Re: Release 0.6 Preparation

Posted by Suraj Menon <su...@apache.org>.
Thanks for doing this Thomas.

I was not working on those issues yet.
I was looking into improving the Superstep API further for fault-tolerance
and some other improvements. I shall open JIRA items for the same.

If we are releasing by the end of the month. I can fix the issues you
mentioned.

-Suraj