Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Shay Banon <ki...@mac.com> on 2005/08/04 23:34:06 UTC

Compass 0.5 Released

We are please to announce the 0.5 major feature release of Compass
Object/Search Engine Mapping (OSEM) framework. This release makes
integrating search capability with existing development frameworks (like
Hibernate and Spring) even simpler. Compass uses declarative mapping
technology, which means you: Write less code, find data faster.

Changes includes: GPS (extendable datasource integration) device
technology for Hibernate 2/3, JDO, OJB and JDBC. Improved integration
with Spring framework for configuration, MVC and ORM support.

Compass core changes includes, improved performance of reader/searcher
and Optimizers, support for binary data indexing, cyclic references and
extending the mapping capabilities. Plus many more features. It will
change the way you search application data.

We consider Lucene developers and users as the prime source for
information and feedback. So have a look at Compass, which provides a
lot of enhancements on top of Lucene, and give us some feedback, so we
can do better.

Shay

Re: Compass 0.5 Released

Posted by Shay Banon <ki...@mac.com>.