Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Alessandro Apostoli <al...@otssistemi.it> on 2004/11/24 12:28:24 UTC

slide clustering support question

I have a couple questions about the clustering features of
slide, suppose a scenario where you have a distributed replicated
filesystem such as coda and a replicated db running on each node.
Each node has the same data both on filesystem and db, the nodes
are part of a big wan with links speed around 2 Mbit.
The idea would be to use slide tx store for resources and revisions
whilst using a jdbc store for properties, users, groups, roles and security
1) In such a scenario how would the locks on the filesystem behave,
I guess that the transaction support in the commons.transaction.file
package would be broken for there would be two or more instances
of FileResourceManager accessing the same directory or am I missing
something ?
2) For ideal clustering support would I be confined to the JDBC store?
3) If the Tx Store still works in this configuration how does slide
solve the
above distributed transaction problem?

Alessandro