Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Torsten Steinert <To...@web.de> on 2004/05/01 10:13:40 UTC

close vs. shutdown (was: AW: problem with collection creation and index creation in the same run (embed))

Hi,

> > I think problem is that you forgot to shutdown database, so some files
> > are not written to the disk after first run. Also, index population is
> > performed asynchronously, so you need to give it some time to index
> > documents, and only then shutdown the database.
> >
> > Vadim

What is the difference between close() and shutdown() regarding consequences
(like flush all buffers, write all files etc.) The javadoc documentation
says nothing about the consequences.

If I only use close() on a collection, can I safely end my application or is
it absolutely necessary to call shutdown() on each open database instance?

Thanks,

Torsten