Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2011/09/15 04:20:55 UTC

Re: [opensocial-community] Gauging Interest In A Possible Open Standards Conference Around Boston

On 09/15/2011 02:54 AM, Ryan Baxter wrote:
> While at BoulderUX there was talk about possibly having a conference in Boston
> Ma next year during the Fall.  The weather in Boston SHOULD still be nice around
> that time.  I was thinking of having sessions on open standards such as HTML 5,
> OpenID, ActivityStreams, OAuth, OpenSocial, CMIS, etc.  Before I invest too much
> time into this I want to gauge interest from folks to see if it would be worth
> the effort to put something like this together.  Let me know if you would
> possibly be interested.  Feel free to forward this email on to others that you
> think may be interested.

Great idea and definitely interested!
I also put the rave-dev@ list on the cc as I expect there will be plenty others
there likewise interested.

I'm involved as Mentor and Champion for Rave and my company (Hippo) has an
office in Boston and potentially I might be able to put forward some help
organizing such thing.

Looking forward for more feedback on this.

Regards,

Ate Douma

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 15 Sep 2011, at 14:12, Ryan Baxter wrote:

> Ate, Matt, and Marlon thats great to hear, thanks for the interest!  If
> others have other topics that maybe don't fall under the open
> standards umbrella let me know, I am open to anything.

Count me in too Ryan for anything W3C Widgets-related

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sugar Bear Trio <su...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much!
Keep in touch.
Sugar Bear Trio
http://www.sugarbeartrio.com

Posted by Ryan Baxter <rb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Baxter <rb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marlon Pierce <mp...@cs.indiana.edu>.

Posted by Marlon Pierce <mp...@cs.indiana.edu>.

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
I'd hazard a guess that Apache in general would be interested in this.
As a member of the Conference Committee and the Community Development
Chair (and a Rave mentor) I'd be happy to provide a contact point for
the ASF in general.

Ross

On 15 September 2011 03:20, Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> wrote:
> On 09/15/2011 02:54 AM, Ryan Baxter wrote:
>>
>> While at BoulderUX there was talk about possibly having a conference in
>> Boston
>> Ma next year during the Fall.  The weather in Boston SHOULD still be nice
>> around
>> that time.  I was thinking of having sessions on open standards such as
>> HTML 5,
>> OpenID, ActivityStreams, OAuth, OpenSocial, CMIS, etc.  Before I invest
>> too much
>> time into this I want to gauge interest from folks to see if it would be
>> worth
>> the effort to put something like this together.  Let me know if you would
>> possibly be interested.  Feel free to forward this email on to others that
>> you
>> think may be interested.
>
> Great idea and definitely interested!
> I also put the rave-dev@ list on the cc as I expect there will be plenty
> others there likewise interested.
>
> I'm involved as Mentor and Champion for Rave and my company (Hippo) has an
> office in Boston and potentially I might be able to put forward some help
> organizing such thing.
>
> Looking forward for more feedback on this.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ate Douma
>

>> -Ryan Baxter
>> rbaxter85@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>
>>
>> --

Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)
OpenDirective http://opendirective.com

Re: [opensocial-community] Gauging Interest In A Possible Open Standards Conference Around Boston

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.