Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM> on 2013/06/20 22:15:42 UTC

Release notes

Hi All,

Now the 1.6.1 is out I'd like to move the 1.6.1 Release Notes [1] to jclouds.incubator.apache.org/documentation/releasenotes/<http://hjclouds.incubator.apache.org>. The audience for release notes are both users and developers and, as such, they belong on the outside facing site.

My question, is there anything else people want to add to it before I move it?

What about the change in groupId for jclouds?

Thanks,
Everett

[1] https://wiki.apache.org/jclouds/releasenotes/1.6.1

Re: Release notes

Posted by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
Here's the PR for updating the release notes and install guide for 1.6.1

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds.github.com/pull/142

Please take a quick look, especially the bullet point in Changes about the need to change the featureRepositories line in etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg. I've never used the jclouds-karaf or the CLI so I have no idea if that really works.

I'll commit the changes and publish the site at 2 pm PST.

Thanks,
Everett

On Jun 20, 2013, at 3:23 PM, Andrew Bayer wrote:

...and i'd do that myself but I'm juggling about ten work things I
postponed for the release work right now. =)

A.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>>wrote:

Definitely mention the groupId change, and the need to change
etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg's featureRepositories line to
featuresRepositories=mvn:org.apache.jclouds.karaf/jclouds-karaf/${jclouds.karaf.version}/xml/features
in the CLI.

A.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Matt Stephenson <ma...@mattstep.net>>wrote:

They don't look complete to me, it would be best to let people take a look
for the next day or so to add to them.

jclouds.incubator.apache.org/documentation/releasenotes/<http://jclouds.incubator.apache.org/documentation/releasenotes/><

Re: Release notes

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release notes

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release notes

Posted by Matt Stephenson <ma...@mattstep.net>.
Maybe give people until Monday afternoon PST since it's Friday now in some
timezones.

Re: Release notes

Posted by Matt Stephenson <ma...@mattstep.net>.