Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by HG <ha...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/23 09:32:09 UTC

Cannot create topics when zookeeper.set.acl=true

Hi,

I have an environment with SSL, SASL and ACL's enabled.
When I set zookeeper.set_acl=true in the server.properties file of the
brokers I cannot create topics , ACL's  etc.

[root@host201 kafka]# bin/kafka-acls.sh --authorizer-properties
zookeeper.connect=localhost:2181 --add  --allow-principal User:admin
--operation All --topic '*' --cluster
Error while executing ACL command: KeeperErrorCode = NoAuth for
/kafka-acl/Topic
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoAuthException: KeeperErrorCode =
NoAuth for /kafka-acl/Topic
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:113)
    ..
I have specified super users too in the server.properties.

Any idea's what I am doing wrong?

Regards Hans

Re: Cannot create topics when zookeeper.set.acl=true

Posted by HG <ha...@gmail.com>.
But thanks anyway for the quick answer.

Posted by HG <ha...@gmail.com>.
Well it works fine when I do :