Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2006/05/23 11:13:16 UTC

Re: [classlib] please review my regression test and patch for HttpURLConnection

On 23 May 2006 at 15:54, "Mikhail Loenko" <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've created regression test and patch for
>
> I had to make some changes in the luni's build.xml,
> that are intended to be fixed once we all agree with
> proposed test suite layout.

Once upon a time, the logging build.xml had similar changes.  It
still does except it has since been renamed test-internal rather
than injected.  I prefer the way that this is handled in the logging
build.xml - specifically:

* a separate variable for test.injected path
* a separate directory - not subdirectory - for compiled classes
* using <bootclasspath> rather than jvmarg

However we do it, these two build.xml files should be consistent.
(Despite a couple of failed JIRAs, I still hope that one day we will
simplifying the build.xml files and having them use similar mechanisms
makes that *much* easier.)

Regards,
 Mark.

Re: [classlib] please review my regression test and patch for HttpURLConnection

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark

2006/5/23, Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>:
> Thanks, Mark!
>
> Could you please also review my recent changes in crypto's build.xml?
>
> Thanks,
> Mikhail
>
> 2006/5/23, Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>:
> >
> > On 23 May 2006 at 15:54, "Mikhail Loenko" <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I've created regression test and patch for
> > > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-482
> > >
> > > I had to make some changes in the luni's build.xml,
> > > that are intended to be fixed once we all agree with
> > > proposed test suite layout.
> >
> > Once upon a time, the logging build.xml had similar changes.  It
> > still does except it has since been renamed test-internal rather
> > than injected.  I prefer the way that this is handled in the logging
> > build.xml - specifically:
> >
> > * a separate variable for test.injected path
> > * a separate directory - not subdirectory - for compiled classes

> > * using <bootclasspath> rather than jvmarg

the latter one does not work well with
  -Dtest.jre.home="C:\Program Files\Java\jrockit-jdk1.5.0-windows-ia32"
it crashes VM

Thanks,
Mikhail

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.