Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Valerio Pachera <si...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/03 09:40:58 UTC

[users@httpd] Ruby with apache

Hi all, is long that I try to set apache so I can use web pages with
ruby embeded (like php). without succes.
Did any of you set apache to serve .rhtml pages?

I'm working on debian lenny, I installed apache2, mod-cgi, eruby.
May you tell me if I need to install anything else and, more than
everything, wich configuration do I have to use for tell apache to
interpretate ruby?

Thanks.

Re: [users@httpd] Ruby with apache

Posted by Staf Wagemakers <st...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Valerio Pachera <si...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/9/3 Staf Wagemakers <st...@gmail.com>:
> > Have a lookat:
> >
> > http://ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/html/web.html
>
> Thanks for the link. I gave a watch (didn't try anything yet).
> It seems very simple to install and configure eruby but what scare me
> is this sentence:
> "Be sure to see also the Ruby CGI library, which is documented
> beginning on page 497. "
> What I have less clear is the relationship between eruby and cgi.
> Do I need simple to have the module mod_fcgi installed or do I need to
> configure something else about it?
> Are there relationship between eruby and mod_ruby? Do i need it?
>
> PHP is running without mod_cgi right?
> So, could I do the same with eruby...?

eruby is executable written in C that parses the rhtml file and
creates ruby code and executes it.

Normally eruby is executed through cgi ( or fastcgi );

AddType application/x-httpd-eruby .rhtml
Action application/x-httpd-eruby /cgi-bin/eruby

There is no relation with mod_ruby.

Normally php is installed with the mod_php apache module, it's also
possible to use PHP with cgi.

As far as I know there is no "mod_eruby".

--
Staf Wagemakers - http://www.wagemakers.be

Re: [users@httpd] Ruby with apache

Posted by Valerio Pachera <si...@gmail.com>.