Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by pe...@donovandata.com on 2002/03/22 19:08:45 UTC

possible to specify required spaces?

Does anyone know a way to pass required spaces through FOP from XML to a
PDF?

The normal processing of x'20' spaces collapses adjacent spaces to
eliminate extra white space, which is normally good but not in all cases,
and 'white-space-treatment="pre"' (which would preserve these) isn't
implemented yet.

Does anyone know, for example, of another way to preserve these or else
another blank non-printing character that we could use in the  XML file for
spaces we want to preserve?

Thanks for any advice!

Re: possible to specify required spaces?

Posted by Craeg K Strong <cs...@arielpartners.com>.
Can you use fo:leader?

Check out  http://www.renderx.com/Tests/leader.fo

HTH,

--Craeg

--
Craeg K Strong, General Partner
Ariel Partners LLC

NOTICE: This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action
in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than
the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended
copies -- including electronic copies -- of the original message.