Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by sx chen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/22 17:27:20 UTC

will a vm be allocated to a host which has a host tag?

hi,
    all.
    If I have 10 hosts. 5 with host tag "hosttag1",5 without host tag.
    I also have two computer offering.A with hosttags 'hosttag1',B without
hosttags.
    If I use A to create a vm,certainly I know the hosttags will be
allocated into hosts with tag.
    So,My question is: If I use B to create a vm, will it be allocated to
host with tags?
    Another question is, System vm will be allocated which place?

    Base on my test, If I use B to create a vm, it will be allocated to
host without tags defaultly.
    But if 5 host without host tag has no more vCPU or ram, what will
happen?

Re: will a vm be allocated to a host which has a host tag?

Posted by sx chen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,alex,It's helpful.

Posted by Alex Huang <Al...@citrix.com>.
My question is: If I use B to create a vm, will it be allocated to host with
> tags?

Yes it will.