Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2008/02/19 00:42:29 UTC

[doc] Release Preparation...

I am trying to follow along with the documentation on preparing for a
release here:

http://commons.apache.org/releases/prepare.html

I think I've got most of it, but I don't know about the changelog.
I'm trying to cut a 1.0 release for Proxy.  It has never been released
before.  Do I still need a changelog?  Would it include everything
that has been done?

James

Re: [doc] Release Preparation...

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On Feb 18, 2008 4:42 PM, James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> I am trying to follow along with the documentation on preparing for a
> release here:
>
> http://commons.apache.org/releases/prepare.html
>
> I think I've got most of it, but I don't know about the changelog.
> I'm trying to cut a 1.0 release for Proxy.  It has never been released
> before.  Do I still need a changelog?  Would it include everything
> that has been done?

IMO, there is no need for a changelog for an initial release.  The
only thing I would call out in release notes for an initial release is
if there are known issues.

Phil