Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/12 23:19:17 UTC

minimizing configuration for JAX-WS

Hi,

I'm trying to minimize the configuration steps one would have go
through to get full JAX-WS support from Axis2. There are two key steps
- I had to do these for TCK:

1) Add extra Sun jars. They are needed to generate wsdl at runtime.
The following jars were needed (with Java 5):

jaxws-rt-2.1.1.jar, jaxws-tools-2.1.1.jar, stax-ex-1.0.jar, and
streambuffer-0.7.jar

Question: should we include these jars with Axis2 in the webapp or
should we just tell users to install these jars by themselves?

2) Add the following handler in the OutFlow phase to the
axis2_default.xml. This is need by clients:

        <phase name="OperationOutPhase">
            <handler name="DispatchOperationHandler"

class="org.apache.axis2.jaxws.client.dispatch.DispatchOperationHandler">
                <order phase="OperationOutPhase"/>
            </handler>
        </phase>

Question: We can add that handler to axis2_default.xml but that will
make clients require the jaxws jars to be in the classpath. There was
some recent discussion on the this list if the jaxws mdoules should be
required or optional. I'm not sure what the conclusion of that
discussion was, so I'm not sure what to do with this handler.

Thoughts?

Jarek

Re: minimizing configuration for JAX-WS

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
I agree with Deepal,
I think having a JAX-WS module will solve this issue nicely.

Regards,

Rajith

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 1:12 AM, Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>  Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to minimize the configuration steps one would have go
>> through to get full JAX-WS support from Axis2.
>>
> +1 , that is a very good idea.
>
>>  There are two key steps
>> - I had to do these for TCK:
>>
>> 1) Add extra Sun jars. They are needed to generate wsdl at runtime.
>> The following jars were needed (with Java 5):
>>
>> jaxws-rt-2.1.1.jar, jaxws-tools-2.1.1.jar, stax-ex-1.0.jar, and
>> streambuffer-0.7.jar
>>
>> Question: should we include these jars with Axis2 in the webapp or
>> should we just tell users to install these jars by themselves?
>>

> Let's do a separate Axis2 release with Jax-ws support or let's give jax-ws
> jars separately. Because everyone who uses Axis2 does not use jax-ws.
>
>> 2) Add the following handler in the OutFlow phase to the
>> axis2_default.xml. This is need by clients:
>>
>>        <phase name="OperationOutPhase">
>>            <handler name="DispatchOperationHandler"
>>
>> class="org.apache.axis2.jaxws.client.dispatch.DispatchOperationHandler">
>>                <order phase="OperationOutPhase"/>
>>            </handler>
>>        </phase>
>>
>> Question: We can add that handler to axis2_default.xml but that will
>> make clients require the jaxws jars to be in the classpath.
>>
> Yes , which I do not like. As we discussed  lets have a jaxws.mar with
> these handers. So just dropping the module to the class path and engaging
> the module you get exact same behavior.
>
> Thank you!
> Deepal

Rajith Attapattu