Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Catpaws Cafe <ca...@ymail.com> on 2014/09/17 21:37:32 UTC

Turning off a feature

I find it really difficult to use the Help Section, because the majority of the time - as I am sure many of us self taught people can relate to - I do not know what a certain feature is "officially" called.  Maybe in future versions one could POINT or mouse click on an icon or whatever it is bugging you and find out what it is?

Right now, I'm having problems getting back to my document after using the find and replace feature (which I couldn't get to do what I wanted, but that's another story.  Now I can't switch it off.  The double arrow in the margin that is used to click down a page at the time instead of scrolling, is highlighted in blue and thus does not work.  How do I turn it off, back to normal?  I wish I'd never tried to use it, but you know It's there, it's supposed to make one's life easier... right now I think manually reading my 300pg document would have been quicker....

Help!  I have a deadline to meet...

catpawscafe.com

Re: Turning off a feature

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
Maybe this tutorial might help on how to use search and replace:
http://openoffice.blogs.com/openoffice/2008/04/searching-and-r.html

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

Re: Turning off a feature

Re: Turning off a feature

Re: Turning off a feature

Re: Turning off a feature

Posted by Mathias Röllig <mr...@gmx.net>.
Hello!

> I find it really difficult to use the Help Section, because the
> majority of the time - as I am sure many of us self taught people can
> relate to - I do not know what a certain feature is "officially"
> called.  Maybe in future versions one could POINT or mouse click on
> an icon or whatever it is bugging you and find out what it is?

Use Help → What's This? (or press [Shift]+[F1]) and locate the mouse
cursor about the icon for which you need a description.

> Right now, I'm having problems getting back to my document after
> using the find and replace feature (which I couldn't get to do what I
> wanted, but that's another story.  Now I can't switch it off.  The
> double arrow in the margin that is used to click down a page at the
> time instead of scrolling, is highlighted in blue and thus does not
> work.  How do I turn it off, back to normal?

Click onto the point between the arrows -> the mini navigator opens. Now
click onto the page icon to switch back from "Repeat search".

Regards, Mathias