Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2014/02/26 15:58:39 UTC

jconsole doesn't work with Sling + Java 7, any clues?

Hi,

I cannot connect jconsole to a Sling launchpad instance if that runs
with java version "1.7.0_45" on macosx, does that work for others?

Connecting to a minimal Java app in the same environment works, but
not to the Sling launchpad.

-Bertrand

Here's what happens:

I start jconsole and select the Sling instance in the connection dialog

jconsole says "ConnectionFailsSSL1" and "ConnectionFailsSSL2" and
suggests trying an insecure connection, I do that.

jconsole then says "Connection Failed: Retry?" and retrying fails again.

Re: jconsole doesn't work with Sling + Java 7, any clues?

Posted by "Andreas Schaefer Sr." <sc...@me.com>.
Not sure, though, because even the insecure connections do not work. BTW using 1.6 on both ends only works over insecure connection (in my case).

- Andy

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.

Posted by "Andreas Schaefer Sr." <sc...@me.com>.
Same thing for me.

If both are 1.6.0 then it works.

In addition if I use console 1.7 then I cannot connect to CQ 5.6.1 (running on 1.7) as well but when I use console 1.6 I can connect to CQ but not to Sling running on 1.7.

- Andy