Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by pqf <pq...@mailtech.cn> on 2009/11/10 02:51:08 UTC

mod_fcgid: add mod_status support?

Hi, all
    I am new to this community, I am think to add mod_status support to mod_fcgid, which provide more internal information to administrators. Is it a good idea? I am working on it now, but if someone think it's not a good idea, please let me know.
    BTW, I did test spin lock on share memory process table, the result is, hit per second is not as good as current solution with global mutex, so I give up :)

Thanks

Re: Re: mod_fcgid: add mod_status support?

Posted by pqf <pq...@mailtech.cn>.

> Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > 2009/11/9 pqf <pq...@mailtech.cn>:
> >> Hi, all
> >>    I am new to this community, I am think to add mod_status support to mod_fcgid, which provide more internal information to administrators. Is it a good idea? I am working on it now, but if someone think it's not a good idea, please let me know.
> >
> > Sure.  I'd like to see a view of processes and perhaps scores from mod_status.
>
> I'd like to see this become an extensible mechansim.  It was on the topic list
> last week until SSL issues got the better of us.
>
> I'll post thoughts in the coming week, Aaron, DougM and I have all done some
> pondering on this subject that would make things cleaner for all.
>
> But in terms of 2.0/2.2 legacy fcgid support for scoreboard, Sander's comments
> are right on.

I just finished a version which scan share memory and print out FastCGI process status. just like mod_ssl does.
But will the mechansim be changed to an extensible one in the future? external modules like mod_ssl should
use another mechansim to do this? Look forward for further discussion in the next week :)

Re: mod_fcgid: add mod_status support?

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sander Temme <sc...@apache.org>.
On Nov 9, 2009, at 5:51 PM, pqf wrote:

> Hi, all
>    I am new to this community, I am think to add mod_status support
> to mod_fcgid, which provide more internal information to
> administrators. Is it a good idea? I am working on it now, but if
> someone think it's not a good idea, please let me know.

+1

See mod_ssl.c:314, ssl_scache.c:228 and ssl_scache.c:199 in trunk to
see how mod_ssl does it.

S.

--
Sander Temme