Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/29 22:30:58 UTC

[Trinidad] Make ExternalContextUtils a public API

Hello everyone,

Trinidad has an internal class
(org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.util.ExternalContextUtils) which
contains some convenience methods used throughout Trinidad in order to
handle ExternalContext objects which may be backed by a portal.  It is
used especially inside Trinidad's own Configurator framework which is a
public API.

When making my own configurators for the upcoming RichClient incubator
project, and indeed throughout the Richclient code itself, I have found
myself using this internal API because it handles a number of usecases
that are not EASILY handled including working even when the Portal API
is not in the classpath.

As a result, I'm wondering what people would think about promoting this
internal class to our public API?

Scott

Re: [Trinidad] Make ExternalContextUtils a public API

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I would agree.  I'll submit a JIRA ticket and then a patch as soon
as I can do the refactoring.  Any other comments?

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Hello Scott,

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I am fine w/ it.