Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/14 21:17:54 UTC

Has anyone else observed this build break?

A recent patch broke clean builds for me, I am trying to see how
widespread this issue is and whether we need to revert the patch.

The error I've seen is this when building the examples project:

spark-examples_2.10: Could not resolve dependencies for project
org.apache.spark:spark-examples_2.10:jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not
find artifact jdk.tools:jdk.tools:jar:1.7 at specified path
/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/../lib/tools.jar

The reason for this error is that hbase-annotations is using a
"system" scoped dependency in their hbase-annotations pom, and this
doesn't work with certain JDK layouts such as that provided on Mac OS:

http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/hbase/hbase-annotations/0.98.7-hadoop2/hbase-annotations-0.98.7-hadoop2.pom

Has anyone else seen this or is it just me?

- Patrick

Re: Has anyone else observed this build break?

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like this is pretty specific to my environment so not a big
deal then. However, if we can safely exclude those packages it's worth
doing.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for the late reply.

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
FWIW I do not see this on master with "mvn -DskipTests clean package".
I'm on OS X 10.10 and I build with Java 8 by default.